#sports Gennady Golovkin 'spoke to the President of Kazakhstan' after losing to Canelo Alvarez

#sports Gennady Golovkin ‘spoke to the President of Kazakhstan’ after losing to Canelo Alvarez

#sports activities Gennady Golovkin ‘spoke to the President of Kazakhstan’ after losing to Canelo Alvarez

Table of Contents

Gennady Golovkin ‘spoke to the President of Kazakhstan’ after losing to Canelo Alvarez… as the fighter was informed he’ll ‘stay the nationwide champion and the greatest in the world’ regardless of defeat

  • Gennady Golovkin obtained a name from the President of Kazakhstan after battle
  • Golovkin spoke to Kassym-Jomart Tokayev after being overwhelmed by Canelo Alvarez
  • The 40-year-old was informed that he’s nonetheless the ‘nationwide champion’ in Kazakhstan
  • Golovkin was additionally comforted that his followers are ‘nonetheless proud of him’ regardless of defeat

The President of Kazakhstan phoned Gennady Golovkin in the ring after he was overwhelmed by Canelo Alvarez to reassure the Kazakhstani boxer that he’s nonetheless the ‘nationwide champion’.

The middleweight world champion was overwhelmed as he moved up the weights to 1688lb as he tried to win the Mexican’s undisputed super-middleweight title on Saturday night time.

Fans had been then left confused as Golovkin took a cellphone name simply moments after the closing bell rang. On the name, the boxer appeared smiling and in good spirits regardless of having simply been overwhelmed at the T-Mobile Arena.

Gennady Golovkin was phoned by Khazak president Kassym-Jomart Tokayev after his fight

Gennady Golovkin was phoned by Khazak president Kassym-Jomart Tokayev after his battle

Tokayev told Golovkin that his fans are 'still proud of him' after his fight with Canelo Alvarez

Tokayev informed Golovkin that his followers are ‘nonetheless proud of him’ after his battle with Canelo Alvarez

However, it has now been confirmed that the particular person on the different finish of the cellphone was none apart from his nation’s president Kassym-Jomart Tokayev, in accordance to the boxer’s publicist Fred Sternburg.

Sternburg posted a tweet that mentioned: ‘For these questioning about the name Golovkin obtained inside the ring following his battle with Canelo, it was from the President of Kazakhstan.’

It is believed that the Kazakh President informed Golovkin: ‘For the followers, you had been and can stay the nationwide champion and the greatest in the world.

Golovkin was told that he is still a 'champion' in Kazakhstan despite losing to Canelo Alvarez

Golovkin was informed that he’s nonetheless a ‘champion’ in Kazakhstan regardless of losing to Canelo Alvarez

‘We are proud of you.’

Despite followers calling for the 40-year-old boxer to retire, he nonetheless stays the unified middleweight champion and insists that he’ll proceed to battle and has a quantity of potential bouts deliberate, as Chris Eubank Jr is aiming for an opportunity at his title.

Eubank Jr is ready to battle Conor Benn on October 8 and is anticipated to be a future challenger for the title.

Golovkin (left) insists he will not retire and plans to fight on after the defeat to Alvarez (right)

Golovkin (left) insists he is not going to retire and plans to battle on after the defeat to Alvarez (proper) 

Golovkin mentioned in his post-fight interview: ‘I’ve a fantastic plan with lots of opponents.

‘But right now, congratulations to all boxing followers, bear in mind I’ve three belts at 160lb, I’ll come again, I’m nonetheless champion.

‘I need to shake fingers with Canelo and his complete crew and I hope you perceive he is an actual warrior.

Canelo will take a break from boxing after a hectic 19 months in which he has fought six times

Canelo will take a break from boxing after a busy 19 months during which he has fought six instances

‘If you do not perceive, you do not perceive nothing.’

His rival, Alvarez, will now take a break from preventing as he has fought six instances in the previous 19 months as he claims he has badly injured his wrist throughout his battle in opposition to Caleb Plant in 2021.

The 32-year-old will endure surgical procedure, which might be anticipated to maintain him out of motion for up to a 12 months, however he’s aiming for a return to the ring in May.

Leave a Comment