Investigation underway after two employees accused of abuse at a Winnipeg care home

Posted on

WINNIPEG – The Winnipeg Regional health Authority is investigating allegations that two health care aides abused greater than a dozen residents in a private care home.

In a assertion, the health authority says the allegations had been first introduced ahead in February to administration at the Extendicare Oakview Place private care home.

The health authority says it first grew to become conscious of the allegations earlier this month when a workers member immediately approached them.

It says police have been notified and a legal investigation has been opened.

Gina Trinidad, who’s the chief working officer for group health companies and long-term care at the Winnipeg Regional health Authority, says the main focus will probably be on supporting households and residents.

She provides that since studying of the allegations, the health authority has carried out unannounced visits to make sure the protection and well-being of residents in care.

This report by The Canadian Press was first printed June 21, 2022.

JOIN THE CONVERSATION

Conversations are opinions of our readers and are topic to the Code of Conduct. The Star doesn’t endorse these opinions.

news/canada/2022/06/21/investigation-underway-after-two-employees-accused-of-abuse-at-a-winnipeg-care-home.html”>Source Article

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.