The common value for gas in Ontario on Wednesday is 200.4 per litre, down from Tuesday’s common of 200.9, however up from last month’s common of 200.2 and last 12 months’s common of 129.4 per litre, in accordance to the CAA.
Ontario drivers proceed to see eye-watering prices on the pumps as record-breaking gas prices in Canada have enterprise/2022/05/09/surging-gas-prices-compound-inflations-toll-on-canadians-hurt-consumer-sentiment.html”>led to a rise in client items and meals prices, and enterprise/personal_finance/2022/05/06/in-your-corner-the-cost-of-gas-is-out-of-control-and-going-higher-this-weekend-what-can-you-do-to-pay-less.html”>impacted the best way individuals reside their lives.
High prices compounded with a soar in enterprise/2022/06/22/just-how-high-have-prices-gone-statistics-canada-to-release-latest-inflation-data-wednesday-morning.html”>Canada’s inflation charge, which hit 7.7 per cent in May, the steepest enhance in almost 40 years, have damage client sentiment, say analysts.
Average gas prices in GTA
Toronto — 199.5
Durham — 198.4
York — 197.5
Peel — 197.7
Here’s how we examine to the remainder of Canada
The common gas value in Canada is 201.9 per litre.
Gas prices are the bottom in Alberta the place prices are 189.6 per litre. Gas prices are the best in Newfoundland and Labrador at 218.0 per litre.
How we received right here
In January, gas prices began spiking throughout the nation, and by February started shattering data as prices on the pumps soared.
At the identical that COVID-19 restrictions began to raise and other people started shifting round once more, driving up demand for gas to pre-pandemic ranges, an escalating state of affairs in Ukraine and a flurry of worldwide sanctions on Russia put strain on an already strained provide and despatched enterprise/2022/03/08/high-gas-prices-could-easily-last-a-year-and-go-even-higher-experts-warn.html”>worldwide crude prices into a tailspin.
Experts say the toughest hit by excessive gas prices are low-income Canadians who’re extra doubtless to spend a sizable chunk of their earnings on transportation and are much less doubtless to afford electrical autos so as to offset rising prices.
Top locations to gas up within the GTA
- 189.9 at Costco, 90 Windfields Farm Drive, Oshawa
- 191.6 at Pinoeer & On the Run, 6375 Major Mackenzie Drive East, Markham
- 191.7 at Petro-Canada, 5241 Highway 7 West, Vaughan
- 191.9 at Esso, 2210 Stoufville Road, Whitchurch-Stouffville
- 191.9 at Costco, 1411 Warden Avenue, Scarborough
- 192.2 at Circle Okay, 10187 Kennedy Road North, Brampton
- 193.8 at Esso, 2185 Leanne Boulevard, Mississauga
- 194.7 at Canadian Tire, 3020 Mavis Road, Mississauga
- 194.7 at Shell, 1209 Dundas Street West, Mississauga
- 194.9 at Esso, 3445 Hurontario Street, Mississauga
According to gas skilled and president of Canadians for Affordable Energy Dan McTeague, gas prices will proceed to climb.
“A supply shortage looms,” mentioned McTeague in an e-mail to the Star.
“That’s made no better by Europe’s intention to forego Russian oil and gas. Demand is strong … and refineries are having a real challenge keeping up, especially as many have curbed production or been idled due to regulations and … divestment strategies,” he mentioned.
“There’s no real relief on the horizon,” warned McTeague.
Tips for saving money on gas
Experts say client driving habits can impression how a lot money they spend on gas. Some information/gta/2022/03/04/overwhelmed-by-rising-gas-prices-here-are-5-tips-on-how-to-save.html”>easy suggestions to save money on gas embrace:
- Driving at a regular pace and avoiding abrupt actions, as most autos are most fuel-efficient after they’re working between 50 and 80 kilometres per hour
- Travelling mild and eradicating heavy, added weight to the car like hockey tools within the trunk might assist gas consumption
- Using apps that present each day updates for gas prices in your native space, like GasBuddy and Waze, which depend on crowdsourced data
- Hitting the gas station earlier within the week, as some consultants say prices have a tendency to rise on Thursdays and into the weekend
- And the apparent one: use your car much less, strive to carpool extra typically, use public transit, trip your bike or stroll
JOIN THE CONVERSATION